Get started talking together
There are numerous ways and means to begin growth and maturity in a marriage. Maybe begin by asking questions and talking together about the real answers. Do a little homework and begin the process on your own, make sure you want it.
Talk about this:
- What are some specific things that delight you about your marriage?
- When were you recently aware of one of these delights?
- What changes would you like to make in your marriage?
- When do you experience the desire for these changes most acutely?
- In what ways do you need to grow in your marriage?
- In what ways do you think your spouse needs to grow?
What do you discover about yourself in answering these questions?
What do you discover about your spouse?
Is this kind of conversation helpful in you relationship or does it cause conflict? See if you can discover why...
Talk About this:
- In what ways has your relationship with your spouse changed you? (Think of how you have changed for the better in this case.)
- In what way is your spouse special? How is he or she like no other person in your life?
- What intrigues you about your spouse?
- What are your spouse's potentials, giftedness, burdens, and passions? Make a list for each area.
- Does thinking about your spouse lead you to worship God? Explain.
See how much of the above information you two can talk through together. Call me and let me know how it went. Write it in a journal to better form your thoughts and keep the journal to watch your progress in the months ahead.
I'm glad you've decided to get started on growing together in your marriage relationship!
Thank You for trusting me and allowing me to join you in your Adventure of Love,